- I hate ice in my drinks. Any drink. I hate ice. It waters down your drink, and just when you're trying to get that last little bit of your drink out of the cup, the ice sticks to the bottom of your glass and as soon as you think your safe- BAM! it smacks you in the face. Drinking your favorite beverage should be enjoyable, not diluted and dangerous!
- I make the bed before I get in it. I know this is weird but I blame my mother because she does the same thing. There's a good reason. Ken makes a mess of the blankets when he sleeps, he wraps them around his feet, gathers them up around his face, and tucks them between his knees. and then throws them all over the place when he gets out of bed. How am I guaranteed my fair share of covers if they are not evenly distributed on the bed before I get in??
- I hate/will not clean out my hair brush. I know what you're thinking... I mean whats worse? Having to yank out the hair in your brush so its clean? Or having the lump of hair get larger and larger until your husband cleans it out for you because it grosses HIM out? The thing is, both options are horrible.I can't stand hair on my hands. Ask my mom and she'll tell you that I have been that way since I was little. HATE it. Kens question is "why does it bother you? its your hair!" and my reply is "No. No. It's not my hair. It was once my hair. But my body lost its possession of that hair when it expelled it from my body and left it laying dead in my brush." Hair is gross.But thanks to Ken, I never have to clean my brush! YAY!
- Breyers or Bust: Ken will not eat any kind of ice cream but Breyers. And if you know anything about ice cream, you know it's the most expensive. I mean, we're talking $6/half gallon in some stores. To me, ice cream is ice cream. Ken says he can taste all the artificial crap they put in all those cheap ice creams.... but I find it odd that he can say that while eating a Big Mac and fries.
- He cleans. and cleans and cleans and cleans. Now, the only reason I say this is a "quirk" is because usually its the woman that goes on a cleaning spree. Ken walks in the door and even if I have cleaned the house already, he goes through like this little guy from wall-e. Don't get me wrong, its nice to have a husband that enjoys a clean home. It's just an interesting trait to find in a man.
- He cleans the car before we go on road trips. I have sort of broken him of this habit because it made absolutely no logical sense to clean a car right before we planned on trashing the crap out of it. As many of you know, traveling with (a) child(ren) is not a clean or organized activity. On many of our travels, marlie has wet through her diaper onto her carseat, which for the rest of the road trip would smell like pee, spilled milk, snacks that roll under the seat and stay there till our vacation is over, you get the idea. I think after we had marlie and did a few road trips with her, he finally realized that his efforts to keep the car clean on the road were in vain.
(there are a few more here just because some of them are so funny. and some of them are weird things that she has grown out of. I just want to record them so I can embarrass her later in life.)
- She used to be obsessed with my cooking spoons. this phase has passed but it was one that drove me insane. every morning the first place she would go was not the fridge to grab a yogurt, it was the drawer with the spoons and spatulas. And she wasn't grabbing one to help me make some pancakes. She just wanted one to sit and watch a movie with. That's it. A companion spoon. You know, someone to share life's experiences with. You guys, she would even sleep with them. It was the strangest thing I had ever seen.
- Goodbye spoons, hello plastic swords. As you may have guessed. When she finally realized that mom really didn't want her to have the spoons, she found a toy sword at my friend Sue's house and it was love at first sight. The sword and Marlie were inseperable. The mind of a child is interesting. I babysit for a friend of mine now and then, she has a 6 year old and Marlie loves him, but he's not so fond of Marlie because she's small and annoying and follows him everywhere. He would complain about Marlie coming over every time it was time for me to babysit and then his mom said "Anthony, she sleeps with 2 swords..." he sat and thought for a minute and said "Ok, I guess she can come over." So the sword obsession could be a door opener for her in the future!
- She planks when she poops.I know this is a gross topic. But lets be honest, the logical pooping position would obviously be squating.... but Marlie does this (see photo below). We are working on the potty
- She doesn't like hair on her fingers. I can't figure out where she got that one....
- If you have a dog, and you have a leash, she will find both and drag your dog everywhere she goes. Which is why most dogs have a love/hate relationship with Marlie. They love her because she's a messy eater, they hater because she sucks at walking a dog.
For now that's all I can think of. I know there's more, but people keep calling my phone and distracting me!!