Tuesday, January 3, 2012
first off, i just want to say that i'm the worst parent ever.... i didn't take a single picture at christmas!! not ONE!! and i have no idea why! but overall christmas was really good. we opened presents with just our family on christmas eve, and then opened presents at my grandma's house on christmas day. we went to church on christmas morning, which was really nice. it was overall a really quiet holiday. my sister recently found out that she is in the beginning stages of diabetes and she has decided to participate in a study in seattle so this last week she and my mom went up to seattle for her evaluation so ken, marlie, and i all went up there to visit with them. it was good to see them even if it was only for a little while. on our way home to portland, my mom text me and said that my brother dylan was in the hospital because of a gas leak in their apartment. i didnt really know what that meant as far as how he was doing but my mom said she would call me when she landed in salt lake. my mom called me later that night and said that he was ok but that he came really close to dying. dylan got married 2 weeks ago and so his wife came home an hour earlier than normal and she found him face down on the floor. she thought he was playing around and when he didnt respond she flipped him over and he was unconscious and foaming at the mouth. she ran and got the neighbor and called 911 and the paramedics came and rushed him to the hospital. hes home now and feeling better and we are all so glad that his wife came home earlier than normal, we are hoping that the property owner will pay for their medical bills and compensate for the wages lost from not working but we arent sure what will happen. we are just glad he made it out!