Friday, January 25, 2013

Family Happenings - photo overload


 


Well, the holidays have come and gone. Its always a little depressing for me to put my Christmas stuff away. I love Christmas. I find it almost therapeutic to take the time to be more selfless and find ways to serve others and buy gifts for people that I love. We went to Michigan for Christmas to spend the holiday with Ken's family. Our flight went really well, Marlie was really good. We got into Detroit around 3pm and picked up our rental car. We were expecting a Ford Fusion but Ken said they gave us a "free upgrade" which ended up costing us $120.00 in the end. But whatever. We got upgraded to a Ford Edge. It. Was. Awesome. It was weird to be driving such a nice car around, but when I saw how crappy the gas mileage was, I missed my little red car. 

Marlie was loving her aunts! She really wore herself out, good thing aunt Joy was there to cuddle with her
When Ken and I got married, he took me to a town called Frankenmuth. Its a German town and its home to the worlds largest Christmas store - which was heaven for me, torture for ken. Christmas. Overload,

Lots of family makes for lots of gifts!

The Christmas store had the most elaborate nativities I have ever seen!!


we played whirly ball... best. game. ever. lacrosse, bumper cars, and basketball got together and made a super super fun baby - its name was whirly ball....





***** ok. in a perfect world, these photos would be in the order they were taken... BUT blogger is stupid and making me angry so they arent going to be in order. sorry abou that.*****







my parents came to portland right after we got back from michigan and we had to go up to seattle for my sisters doctor appointment. while she was in her appointment, we went to pike market. i love that place!

you can always find weird stuff at pike place.

this was just before we were going to eat at the crab pot. marlie is the best crab hahaha

ken is such a good looking girl!

on MLK day we went to the zoo with marlie and had a great time even though it was freezing!

carnage from the crab pot (again, sorry the pics are out of order)

Family picture in front of the Newel K. Whitney store in Kirtland

.
Kens family lives about 3 hours away from kirtland ohio so we took a quick day trip down there. marlie was loving her monsters, inc. stuffed animals she got for christmas
Marlie at the Kirtland temple.
the view of mt. hood from the plane on the way home
the plane on the way home

1 comment:

Joy said...

We miss you guys!!!!